Cashews make a fantastic base for many raw food recipes, like this herbed cashew cheese. In addition to zinc from nutritional yeast and cashews, it contains apple cider vinegar and fresh herbs, which are alkalizing. Goji berries add sweetness, but you can swap it out for your favorite dried berry, eat it plain, or add sun-dried tomatoes to make it savory.
Herbed Cashew Cheese [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups soaked cashews
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic salt
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 handful minced fresh herbs (chives, dill, coriander, parsley)
- Goji berries, optional
- Place the cashews in a bowl with filtered water and soak overnight. Drain and rinse with filtered water.
- Process all ingredients in a food processor or mixer until smooth and press into a mould.
- Refrigerate for an hour until the cheese hardens.
- Sprinkle with dried herbs and serve with veggie sticks, bread or crackers.
- Keep in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to seven days.