Let’s just say it: there are some very bad Bloody Mary mixes on the market. Save yourself the disappointment by making your own, healthier mix at home! Nothing fancy, no fuss. Just a great cocktail mixer made from fresh, seasonal ingredients and a little love of some serious spice!
Heirloom Tomato Bloody Mary Mix [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Bloody Mary Mix:
- 2-3 large heirloom tomatoes, cut into large pieces
- 1 teaspoon smoked hickory salt
- 2-3 squirts vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 dashes hot sauce
- Fresh basil, thyme, or other herbs (optional)
- Lime juice (optional)
- Horseradish (optional)
- Pickle juice (optional)
- Olive juice (optional)
For a Bloody Mary:
- 6 ounces homemade Bloody Mary mix
- 1.5 ounces vodka
- Condiments, as desired (olives, pickles, limes, celery, green onions, pearled onions, etc)
To Make the Bloody Mary Mix:
- Cut tomatoes in large pieces and place in pot with smoked salt, Worcestershire, hot sauce, and other desired ingredients. Bring to medium-low heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tomatoes cook down and become tender.
- When tomatoes take on a soupy texture, blend mixture with immersion blender or in a food processor until smooth. Place in refrigerator until chilled before using.
To make Bloody Mary:
- Combine vodka and Homemade Bloody Mary Mix in a glass with ice; stir to combine.
- Garnish with desired condiments and serve.