A pure divinity blending two of my favorite things in the whole world: coconut + matcha! I’m coo coo for (anything) coconut! Consumed in moderation, coconut milk can benefit your health and help fight and prevent infection. Matcha is a part of the green tea family and is high in antioxidants, helps increase metabolism, detoxifies the body from toxins and naturally boosts energy levels and endurance. Unlike 99% of popsicles and ice cream treats on the shelves, this one is simple, allergy friendly, vegan and free of additives, preservatives and refined sugars! If you’re like me and enjoy the rich taste of coconut, you won’t even need to add any healthy sweeteners. Keeping cool never tasted and felt so good!
Healthy Matcha Coconut Pops [Vegan]
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk (room temperature) – (light should be okay too, but I haven’t personally tried it)
- 1/4 cup of non dairy milk (unsweetened vanilla almond milk or more coconut milk if you wish!)
- 3-4 teaspoons of quality matcha tea powder (do not use green tea leaves as the results might not be the same)
- Healthy sweetener options: xylitol, stevia drops, vanilla bean pod – adjust to your healthy sweet tooth!
- In a large measuring cup, whisk coconut milk with smooth making sure there are no clumps. In another mixing bowl, mix about 1-2 tablespoons of non dairy milk with 3 teaspoons of matcha powder until smooth and mixed well. Pour mixture into coconut milk. Add desired sweetener (if any) and whisk until combined. If you want a much stronger matcha-ier taste, you can add the remaining teaspoon of matcha powder in a little milk until smooth and add to coconut milk mixture.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze for at least 4 hours until nicely firm. To remove from molds, run under hot water and gently pop them out.
Keep xylitol out of the reach of dogs.