Easter just doesn't feel like Easter without some chocolate eggs. And who doesn't love a good hazelnut and chocolate combo? Nutella lovers around the world can attest to that. These hazelnut chocolate truffle eggs are smooth and velvety on the inside and have a nice chocolate shell that just melts in your mouth. Simply, melt, shape, freeze, and enjoy!
Hazelnut Chocolate Truffle Eggs [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Hazelnut Chocolate Truffle Eggs [Vegan]
For the Hazelnut Butter:
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil
For the Filling:
- 1 cup hazelnut butter
- 2/3 cup cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- A pinch of sea salt
For the Coating:
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate, chopped
How to Prepare Hazelnut Chocolate Truffle Eggs [Vegan]
To Make the Hazelnut Butter:
- Place 3 cups hazelnuts into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth, using the tamper to press them down into the blades. If the mixture seems too dry, or like it is not blending smoothly, add 1 tablespoon at a time of walnut oil to make it smoother.
To Make the Filling:
- In a bowl, mix together the filling ingredients until smooth. You want it to be the consistency of dough so you can shape it into eggs. If it is too soft add a little more cacao powder. If it is too hard, add a little water or a little more maple syrup. Shape into 10 eggs, and place on a foil-lined tray. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes to chill.
To Coat the Eggs:
- Once the filling has chilled, melt the dark chocolate in the top layer of a double boiler.
- Dip each egg into the melted dark chocolate, then place it back on the tray. Allow the chocolate to set, which will happen faster if you pop them in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
Store in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to a month.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 3326 | Total Carbs: 180 g | Total Fat: 267 g | Total Protein: 75 g | Total Sodium: 558 g | Total Sugar: 108 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.