Get your grill ready for these homemade, meat-free sausages! Made from textured vegetable protein, these meaty sausages are flavored with savory tomato and paprika. Then, they're served with grilled zucchini and blistered bell peppers for the ultimate summer dish. Serve with tomato bruschetta and sliced onion.
Grilled Soy-sages and Vegetables [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Grilled Soy-sages and Vegetables [Vegan]
For the Soy-sages:
- 5.3 ounces textured vegetable protein (TVP)
- 1 1/2 cups, plus 3 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 2 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 tablespoons pure tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons whole grain bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons flour, plus more as needed
- Coconut oil, for frying
- 1 red onion, cut into rings
- 1 cup tomato bruschetta
For the Grilled Vegetables:
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 bell peppers
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Olive oil, salt, pepper, and rosemary, to taste
How to Prepare Grilled Soy-sages and Vegetables [Vegan]
- Soak the TVP for 15 minutes in the hot vegetable broth. Then, drain and squeeze out the excess moisture.
- Add to a deep bowl and combine with garlic, tomato, mustard, and spices. Mix briefly with an immersion blender, but it should not be too fine.
- Add bread crumbs and flour, then stir to combine. The dough should come together – add more flour if needed.
- With moist hands, shape the dough into small sausages and pan-fry with coconut oil until golden brown. For a low-fat version, bake on a griddle pan at 355°F for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, clean the vegetables. Chop the peppers and cut the zucchini into thin slices. Add everything to a pan and season with oil, lemon juice, and spices. Toss to coat.
- Either grill or bake at 355°F until the peppers brown a little and the zucchini is tender.
- Plate the vegetables on a place, skewer the sausages, and garnish with onion rings. Serve with bruschetta.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.