These bean-free veggie burgers are made from just green vegetables, like peas, kale, and broccoli! Because these are bean-free burgers, these are not super hearty ... But that just means you can have more fries! If you want green burgers with more bulk, add mashed beans to this.
Green Vegetable Burger [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen kale
- 1 cup frozen broccoli
- Slice of onion
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons bread crumbs (gluten-free if needed)
- 2 tablespoons water, plus more as needed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Toppings and condiments of choice
- Cook vegetables except for the onion. Use whatever method is convenient to you (microwave, boiling, grill, etc...).
- Add cooked vegetables to a food processor and pulse with onion until chunky. Move to a mixing bowl.
- Gradually mix vegetables with bread crumbs. Once they stick together well, form patties with your hands.
- Fry in a skillet with 1 tablespoon oil until golden on each side.
Inspired by Vegan Heaven.