There are so many reasons to love these quinoa and white bean burgers. They're super easy to make (hello, muffin tin), they're filling and can even satisfy on their own, and of course, they're packed with delicious and nourishing ingredients like beans, flax, oats, quinoa, bell peppers, and more. Eat these on their own (puck-style) or enjoy them in a burger with your favorite fixings.
Greek Quinoa and White Bean Burgers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed meal
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced or 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats, ground into a fine flour
- 1-1/2 cups cooked, cooled quinoa (made from 1/2 cup dry quinoa)
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red bell peppers from a jar
- Fine sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease or spray all 12 cups of a standard muffin tin.
- In a small bowl or cup, combine the water, flaxseed meal, garlic, and dill. Let stand at least 5 minutes to thicken.
- In a large bowl, mash the beans with a fork. Mix in the flax mixture, parsley, and oat flour until blended, then stir in the quinoa and red peppers. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Portion burger mixture evenly (about 1/3-1/2 cup each), shaping into a loose patty and press into prepared cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until deep golden brown and set at the centers.
- Let cool in tins on wire rack for at least 5 minutes before removing. Serve warm or room temperature.