These sweet potato brownies are really easy to throw together. Basically after you steam the sweet potato, you can stir everything together in one bowl! Another great point about these is that they’ll last foreevvvaaa due to the high amount of coconut oil in them. Store them in the fridge and they will last weeks; store them in the freezer for months!
Sweet Potato Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3/4 cup mashed sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel and steam a sweet potato until tender. Mash with a fork.
- Stir together chia seeds and water and let sit 5 minutes until jelly-like.
- Over a double boiler, melt coconut oil. Remove from heat. Stir in cacao powder, coconut sugar, vanilla, chia seed mixture, and mix well. Fold in coconut flour and chocolate chips without over-mixing.
- Pour into a parchment-lined 8x8-inch baking pan and bake 35-45 minutes until you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean. Let cool and place in the fridge. The coconut oil will cause the brownies to firm up so we like to under-bake these.