Who doesn't love gingerbread!?! Around the holidays gingerbread is a delicious warming treat. With Medjool dates, walnuts, fresh ginger, and cinnamon, these little bites taste deceptively like dessert, but they're not! They're full of healthy ingredients to keep you going during the day.
Gingerbread Protein Bites [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 10 Medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1-2 scoop protein powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2teaspoon cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Place the Medjool dates, coconut oil, and molasses to in a food processor and blend until fairly smooth. If the dates are dry, add 1 tablespoon of water.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse until mixed, stopping to scrape down the sides when required.
- Form the mixture into spheres with very wet hands, because the dough is super sticky. Bites should be roughly 1 inch in diameter. Place in the freezer to set and to store.