These bars are built on a crunchy coconut, almond, and date crust and topped with a silky, fluffy, coconut and ginger topping. They are absolutely delicious and perfect to finish out a meal or have with coffee.
Ginger Coconut Slice [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely grated
- 8 Medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- A pinch of salt
- A dash of vanilla
For the Topping:
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut water
- For the base, mix everything together in a food processor until it's combined.
- Press this into a lightly greased pan.
- Put it in the refrigerator while you make your top layer.
- For the top layer, mix everything together in a food processor until it's combined.
- Press the mixture on top of the base and put it into the freezer for 10 minutes.