These brownies are amazing. They're dense and fudgy, and decadent, with a classy touch of coffee. If you didn't know any better, you'd mistake them for fudge.
Fudgy Coffee Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 1.4 ounces vegan dark chocolate
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl mix flour, xanthan, sugar, cacao, baking soda, and salt and sift everything.
- In a little bowl mix coffee, coconut oil, applesauce, and milk and pour this mixture over the dry ingredients. Stir well.
- Chop chocolate, add 3/4 into the dough, pour it in a cake pan covered with parchment paper, garnish the surface with the remaining chocolate pieces and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out almost dry.