A rich, frozen treat perfect to get into the holiday spirit! These chocolate mousse cups can be enjoyed fresh or frozen (if you can wait that long).
Frozen Chocolate Mousse Cups With Candy Cane Topping [Vegan]
- 2 bars vegan dark chocolate
- 2 packages silken tofu
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, or the seeds from 1 vanilla pod
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 candy canes, crushed, for topping
- In a double boiler melt your dark chocolate on medium-low heat.
- While you're waiting for the dark chocolate to melt, open your tofu packages and strain the excess water from the tofu. Do this by placing tofu in a fine mesh bag (used for making nut milk), or by bunching up a thin dish towel. Squeeze out all the excess moister and then transfer tofu to your food processor.
- Blend tofu for 2-3 minutes or until silky and smooth.
- Add melted dark chocolate, maple syrup, cocoa powder, rum, vanilla, and sea salt. Blend again until completely combined (for 2-3 minutes).
- Transfer chocolate mousse into cups and sprinkle with crushed candy cane. Serve immediately as mousse, or place in the freezer to chill and serve frozen.
If serving frozen, remove mousse from freezer and let thaw for 20 minutes before serving.