Mushroom broth is not only delicious, but incredibly easy to prepare. With just four simple ingredients, you have yourself a nutritious and healthy addition to yours soups, stews, rice, and beans.
4-Ingredient Mushroom Broth [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for 4-Ingredient Mushroom Broth [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 10-ounces of mushrooms, ( some good choices shiitake, portobello, button) thinly sliced
- 1 medium leek, white part only, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 8 cups water
How to Prepare 4-Ingredient Mushroom Broth [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. (must be parchment)
- Scatter mushrooms, leeks and garlic on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast for 20 minutes. Using a spatula loosen the mushrooms and leeks off the parchment paper and set aside.
- Bring 8 cups of water to boil. Add thyme and mushroom mixture, reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for 40 minutes. Strain broth.
You can season the broth with salt and pepper to taste if you wish, or wait until you are actually using it in a recipe. The broth freezes well up to 6 months.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving: Calories: 12 | Carbs: 1g | Fat: 0g | Protein: 0g | Sodium: 0mg | Sugar:0 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.