This "honeycomb" is surprisingly quick and easy to make in addition to being the perfect treat for anyone with a sweet tooth. Coating the vegan honeycomb in chocolate will make it taste so unbelievably similar to a candy bar. This sweet is also great for mixing into ice cream and sprinkling over cupcakes and cakes.
4-Ingredient Chocolate Covered ‘Honeycomb’ Candy [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1/3 cup and 1 teaspoon of agave syrup or other vegan syrup sweetener
- 4/5 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- Vegan dark chocolate (optional)
- Line a square baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, add in the syrup, sugar, and water and heat on high.
- After a few minutes, it will start to bubble, turn off the heat, and immediately add in the baking soda.
- Whisk the baking soda in with a balloon whisk until the mixture foams, doubles in size, and is bubble.
- Once combined, immediately pour onto the lined tray and do not spread out or level or it will lose all of the air bubbles.
- Place the tray into a cool area/at room temperature to set. This will take about 1 hour. Do not touch it!
- Once hard, break into shards and dunk into dark chocolate (optional).