These healthy tortillas are great for wraps and serving with dips as an appetizer. They're made with red lentils, baby carrots, almond meal, and warm spices. A protein-rich and nutritious addition to any meal.
Flourless Lentil Carrot Tortillas [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup red lentils, soaked and drained
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven at 400°F and prepare a cookie sheet with a liner and grease it well.
- In a food processor, combine lentils and carrots and grind smooth.
- Spoon the batter in a mixing bowl and fold in rest of the ingredients.
- Mix the soft dough with your hands to mix all the ingredients properly.
- Divide the dough in 8 equal parts. Take one part of the dough between your palms and make a ball out of it. Now place the ball on the prepared cookie sheet and with your palm press it evenly into a thin round shape. (Do not let it break).
- Spray a little cooking spray on the tortilla before placing them in the oven to retain its moisture.
- Repeat this process for the rest of the dough and place the cookie sheet in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 27 minutes. Turn off the oven and let it stand in the oven for a couple of minutes.
- Take out the cookie sheet and let it cool slightly.
- Serve with your choice of filling or with any entrée.