This quinoa fudge is so easy to make and only needs 5 ingredients. And guess what, it's super delicious! I do not think that you should have to spend hours in front of the stove to make something delicious, nor do I think you should have to bother with candy thermometers and boiling sugar just to have candy. I believe that making sweet treats can be easier and better for you. Which is exactly what this recipe for quinoa fudge is all about. It’s quick. It’s easy. It only takes 5 ingredients. No boiling. No waiting for sugar to caramelize. And yet still every bit as delicious. Try this quinoa fudge and be amazed! It's rich, decadent, a pure indulgence, which means it doesn't have to be a sporadic thing.
5-Ingredient Quinoa Fudge [Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 8 Medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 3-4 tablespoons water
- Flaked sea salt (optional)
- In a dry skillet, toast the quinoa on medium heat until it begins to pop and is fragrant, about 1 - 2 minutes. Toss it a few times to ensure even toasting.
- Add quinoa to a high-powered blender and blend on high until it resembles the texture of flour. Transfer to a food processor.
- Add dates, cocoa powder and coconut oil. Process until combined.
- With processor running, add water 1 tablespoon at a time until a dough has formed.
- Line a small container (sandwich-sized works great) with plastic wrap. Press dough into container and smooth with hands. Sprinkle with sea salt (if using).
- Place in freezer for 3-4 hours until set.
- Remove from freezer, a cut into small, 1/2-inch squares. Store in freezer.
Adapted from Rawmanda