I do not think that you should have to spend hours in front of the stove to make something delicious. I do not think you should have to bother with candy thermometers and boiling sugar just to have candy. I think it can be easier. And better for you. Which is exactly what this recipe for quinoa fudge is all about. It’s quick. It’s easy. It only takes 5 ingredients. No boiling. No waiting for sugar to caramelize. And yet still every bit as delicious.
5-Ingredient Quinoa Fudge [Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 8 Medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 3-4 tablespoons water
- Flaked sea salt (optional)
- In a dry skillet, toast the quinoa on medium heat until it begins to pop and is fragrant, about 1 - 2 minutes. Toss it a few times to ensure even toasting.
- Add quinoa to a high-powered blender and blend on high until it resembles the texture of flour. Transfer to a food processor.
- Add dates, cocoa powder and coconut oil. Process until combined.
- With processor running, add water 1 tablespoon at a time until a dough has formed.
- Line a small container (sandwich-sized works great) with plastic wrap. Press dough into container and smooth with hands. Sprinkle with sea salt (if using).
- Place in freezer for 3-4 hours until set.
- Remove from freezer, a cut into small, 1/2-inch squares. Store in freezer.
Adapted from Rawmanda