My idea was to make a one pan, flavorful, Mexican meal-so I flavored the warm oil with garlic and oregano first and then mixed in the rest of the ingredients except lettuce and avocados. I love the fresh and crunchy texture of lettuce, and fresh sliced avocados give this Farro Black Beans Mexican Bowl a light creamy texture. Serve this healthy, nutritious and vegan Mexican bowl to yourself and feel the happiness and energy flowing in your body.
Farro Black Beans Mexican Bowl [Vegan]
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 cup red onions (chopped)
- 1 cup green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 tbsp. jalapeno pepper (seeds removed and chopped)
- 1 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 3 roma tomatoes (blanched, peeled and mashed)
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ cup sweet corn kernels
- 1 15 oz. can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 2 cups farro (cooked)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 whole avocado (seed removed and sliced/chopped)
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan and add garlic, oregano and onions. Sauté well.
- Add green bell pepper, jalapeno, cilantro, tomatoes. Mix, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add sugar, corn, black beans, salt, lime juice.
- Mix very well and cover and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Lastly add farro and mix well so that farro is properly coated and turn off the flame.
- In a serving bowl/plate empty the pan. Top it with lettuce and avocado and serve.
If jalapeno peppers are not available red crushed pepper may also be used according to taste.