These sweet potato burgers are healthy, nourishing, and full of amazing flavors. They're the perfect meal to transition into fall with, since they're seasoned with warm, autumnal spices like coriander, nutmeg, and ginger. Serve these burgers with plenty of fixings – guacamole and sautéed onions pair particularly well with the sweetness of the sweet potato.
Fall Spiced Sweet Potato Burgers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Burgers:
- 1 medium sweet potato, baked and mashed
- 2 potatoes, baked and mashed
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 3 tablespoons potato starch
- 1 tablespoon chia seed flour
- 1 tablespoon psyllium
For the Seasoning:
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- Sea salt, to taste
- Bake or cook the potatoes in the oven until soft, about 30 minutes.
- Mash the potatoes and stir together with other ingredients. Let set a while. Check that the batter is mold-able and not too firm and dry or too wet. If it is too wet, add flours. If it is too dry, add some water or aquafaba.
- Divide the mixture into desired size of patties and form flat cakes.
- Roll the shaped patty in almond flour before frying in medium hot pan carefully with olive oil or coconut oil. Fry until golden brown each side.
- Assemble burgers as desired and serve.