Are your weeknights busy? Fear not! This simple veggie soup is flavorful and filling enough to be a new staple meal. Serve it with a slice of toasted bread and experiment with different veggies every time you make it!
Easy Veggie and Cannellini Bean Soup [Vegan]
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 6 stalks celery, cut into thin slices
- 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced into quarters
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 4 -6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14-ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 14-ounce can of cannellini beans (also sometimes called navy beans)
- 1 3-ounce can of tomato paste
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- A splash of white wine vinegar (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place a large pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add a dash of olive oil, minced garlic, diced onion, carrots, and celery. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper and let cook, stirring occasionally until the onion is translucent (about 5-7 minutes).
- Then add canned tomatoes, tomato paste, vegetable broth, spices, and water. Stir, and taste adding more sea salt as needed. Cover and let cook for about 20 minutes.
- Next add drained cannellini beans and sliced zucchini. Taste again and adjust seasonings as needed. If the soup needs a little zing, add a dash of white wine vinegar. Cover and cook another 10 minutes, or until veggies are fully cooked.
- Serve piping hot with toasted bread.