This easy vegan plum cake is very fluffy with hints of vanilla and orange. It only takes 15 minutes to prep and is a one bowl wonder cake!
Easy Plum Cake [Vegan, No Refined Sugar]
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup sweetener of your choice (stevia was used in this recipe)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup plain all-purpose flour
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup soy milk or preferred non-dairy milk
- 7 firm plums, halved with seeds removed
- Preheat oven to 355°F and grease and line a 8-inch round cake tin with grease proof paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment on, cream the vegan butter, sweetener, vanilla extract and orange zest until pale and creamy. About 1-2 minutes.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and gently mix in until it's just incorporated. Add in the milk and mix again to combine. Pour cake batter into the prepared tin and arrange the plum halves around the cake, gently pushing each one in.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until the top is golden and a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean. Leave to cool completely in the tin before serving.
After you sift the flour in, you need to gently mix it in until it’s just combined. If you over-mix, the gluten in the flour will begin to activate and that will lead to a tougher, less fluffier cake. So mix until that last bit of flour has disappeared and then add the milk. Again, mix until the milk has just combined and then stop.