This is a delicious mix between a classic Bounty bar and 'Nutella'. It has a Bounty bar style base, topped with whole hazelnuts, vegan 'Nutella', coated in a light dairy-free chocolate, decorated with even more hazelnuts and melted chocolate.
Easy ‘Nutella’ Bounty Bars [Vegan]
- 1 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 1/4 cup condensed coconut milk
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup whole hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup vegan 'Nutella'
- 1 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the desiccated coconut, condensed coconut milk and a pinch of cream of tartar. Mix together to fully combine until it all sticks together.
- Line a small, square baking tin with greaseproof paper and press the coconut mixture into the tin, making sure it's compact.
- Press whole hazelnuts into the coconut mixture (optional)
- Spread some 'Nutella' over the coconut base and pop the tin into the freezer for 1-2 hours to set. This makes it easier for cutting and dipping in the chocolate.
- Melt some dairy-free dark chocolate and coconut oil, and once the bars have set, dunk each bar into the melted chocolate and place onto a baking tray.
- Repeat for all of the bars.
- Decorate with some whole hazelnuts, ground hazelnuts and even more melted chocolate, then pop back into the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Once set, slice into bars and serve.
- Store in a sealed container in the freezer and allow to stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.