Loaded with tomatoes, celery, onion, cajun seasoning, paprika, thyme, sweet peppers, and jalapeños, this cajun jambalaya is a perfect one-pot meal. Since most cajun jambalaya recipes call for a medley of meat products, this jambalaya has vegan sausages instead, just to add a little heartiness and umami to the dish. Feel free to substitute those for vegetables or leave them out though if you'd like the recipe to be gluten-free.
Easy Cajun Jambalaya [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Easy Cajun Jambalaya [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 5 mini red/yellow/orange peppers, diced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, diced (use less/more according to taste)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 vegan sausages, sliced into chunks
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 14-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups short-grained rice
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
How To Make Easy Cajun Jambalaya [Vegan]
- In a large saucepan, heat canola oil and sauté celery, onion, peppers, jalapeño peppers, and garlic for 5 minutes or till softened.
- Once softened, add vegan sausage chunks, hot sauce, crushed tomatoes, cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, and thyme into pan and stir well with a wooden spoon.
- Once tomatoes start simmering, add brown rice, vegetable stock, coconut sugar, salt, and pepper to the pan. Stir well and bring to a simmer.
- Cover pan with lid and let rice simmer for 40 minutes on very low heat.
- After 40 minutes, turn off heat, uncover the pan, and stir well to mix all ingredients together evenly.
- Mix in chopped parsley.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.
Use less hot sauce/cayenne/jalapeño if you want a milder Jambalaya. We used mini sweet peppers, but if you can't find those, normal Red and Yellow Peppers will suffice.
- Bell Pepper
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 3133 | Total Carbs: 448 g | Total Fat: 72 g | Total Protein: 158 g | Total Sodium: 7521 g | Total Sugar: 42 g Per Serving: Calories: 783 | Carbs: 112 g | Fat: 18 g | Protein: 40 g | Sodium: 1880 mg | Sugar: 11 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.