Make a martini and toast to the end of an era! This bread would be perfect for your Mad Men viewing party. I'd pair it with some sort of hummus or dip and no small amount of swagger. Enjoy!
Dirty Martini Bread [Vegan]
- 1/4 c. vodka
- 3/4 c. olive juice
- 4-5 T. green olives, sliced
- 1 T. coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 T. nutritional yeast
- 2 c. flour (organic white and whole wheat pastry blend)
- 2 tsp. organic sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. yeast
- Load your bread machine as directed by the manufacturer. (For mine, I’m supposed to load it with the liquid ingredients first, then dry, followed by the flour and yeast last. I listed the ingredients in the order that I would put them in.)
- Once it’s loaded, plug it in and set it to the “dough” setting. Sit back and relax!
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil or vegan butter.
- When the dough is done, remove it from the bread machine and transfer it to the prepared pan. Cover the loaf with a towel and let it rise for 10-20 minutes in a warm place.
- Bake it for 20-25 minutes, inserting a toothpick to be sure that it's done.