These classy-looking deviled potato bites are deceptively budget-friendly. Little potatoes are halved and roasted until their centers are soft and scoopable and then a creamy yellow hummus is piped in, giving them that "deviled egg" look. Piping in the hummus is totally optional, but it gives them that "wow" factor that will make them disappear from the serving platter in an instant.
Deviled Potato Bites [Vegan]
- 15 small potatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Salt, to taste
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 390°F. Place halved potatoes on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with vegetable oil and salt, and toss to coat. Arrange potatoes cut side up and roast it for 40 minutes, or until soft.
- Let potatoes cool for 5 minutes and then scoop out a small section in the middle of the potatoes to create a cavity. Save scooped out potato to add into hummus.
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients for the hummus, including the reserved scooped out potato and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon mixture into a piping bag fitted with a star tip, and pipe into the cavities in the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika and chopped chives. Serve warm.