You can use whatever mushrooms you prefer to make this sauce because it just gets even better if you use a mixture of them. It’s a truly delicious, heartwarming recipe, that complements almost any side or main dish. Bonus? The leftover sauce is especially great cold on a warm slice of toast or with tofu scramble for breakfast.
Dark Beer Mushroom Sauce [Vegan]
- 18 ounces mushroom of your choice
- 1 onion
- 2/3 cup of dark beer
- 2/3 cup of non-dairy heavy cream (such as cashew cream)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- Chop the onion finely and quarter mushrooms. Add them to a large skillet with a few tablespoons of water and cook until onions are translucent.
- Turn heat on high and add beer. Cook for 1-2 minutes to evaporate the alcohol.
- Add cream, nutritional yeast, and rosemary, and cook until thickened, about 2 more minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve warm.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile