You can use whatever mushrooms you prefer to make this sauce because it just gets even better if you use a mixture of them. It’s a truly delicious, heartwarming recipe, that complements almost any side or main dish. Bonus? The leftover sauce is especially great cold on a warm slice of toast or with tofu scramble for breakfast.
Dark Beer Mushroom Sauce [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Dark Beer Mushroom Sauce [Vegan]
- 18 ounces mushroom of your choice
- 1 onion
- 2/3 cup of dark beer
- 2/3 cup of non-dairy heavy cream (such as cashew cream)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper
How to Prepare Dark Beer Mushroom Sauce [Vegan]
- Chop the onion finely and quarter mushrooms. Add them to a large skillet with a few tablespoons of water and cook until onions are translucent.
- Turn heat on high and add beer. Cook for 1-2 minutes to evaporate the alcohol.
- Add cream, nutritional yeast, and rosemary, and cook until thickened, about 2 more minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve warm.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.