This curry is delish! Mom wasn't here for dinner, so it was my turn to make something. Brown rice had been cooking and I figured some spicy curry with broccoli, leftover grilled veggies, and tofu would hit the spot; since it has been raining all day here.
Curry With Tofu and Grilled Vegetables [Vegan]
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 grilled red pepper
- 2 grilled zucchinis
- 2 packages tofu
- 1 can coconut milk
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons raw sugar (or other sweetener)
- 3 tablespoons tamari (or soy sauce)
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon each of coriander, paprika, cumin, turmeric, garlic, and onion powder
- 1 teaspoon each cinnamon, chili flakes, and dill
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Prepare the tofu: saute it on med-high heat with a bit of olive oil, rice wine vinegar, and tamari (soy sauce) until it browns. Set aside.
- Chop all the veggies. In a large pot, saute the onions, garlic and all the spices together with 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar until they're translucent and softened. Add the remaining ingredients, including the tofu and veggies. Let simmer on low heat for 30 minutes or so, until the broccoli is cooked enough for you. See if you like it! Curry is easy to change.
- Serve with whole grain brown rice in bowls with chives, hot sauce, sweet basil.