Tender cauliflower and hearty chickpeas act as the perfect vehicle for fragrant and fabulous curry spices in this homey dish. This recipe for curry spice roasted cauliflower and chickpeas will be a staple as the days get shorter and colder. It has such a beautiful gold color and tastes just as good as it looks. The roasted cauliflower and chickpeas combine beautifully with regards to both texture and flavor–– especially when paired with warm quinoa. This is the ultimate curry-spiced dish for anyone unfamiliar to spice, or any spice-lovers that appreciate simplicity.
Golden Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpeas [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro for garnish, if desired
- Lemon-tahini dressing, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl until cauliflower and chickpeas are evenly coated.
- Spread onto a large baking sheet lined with foil and roast about 25 minutes, until tender.
- Serve as a side dish or over a warm bed of quinoa as a main dish.
You can substitute broccoli for cauliflower, if desired, or use a mix of both!