Laksa is a spicy rice noodle soup that's popular in Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, and other Southeast Asian countries. There are many different regional varieties of this soup, but curry laksa is distinct for being especially rich and savory thanks to the use of coconut milk. Laksa is simple to make, nourishing, and full of fresh, vibrant flavors. You have to try it!
Spicy Curry Laksa [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Spicy Curry Laksa [Vegan]
- 3-4 chilis
- 1 teaspoon of each: ground coriander, paprika, cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh or ground turmeric
- 2 lemongrass stalks (white part only)
- Handful of cashews
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Squeeze of lime
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 4 cups of water
- 2 cans organic coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons laksa paste (store-bought or use the recipe above)
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 packet of rice noodles
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 cups green beans, chopped
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot thinly sliced
- Roasted cashews
- Watercress (optional)
How to Prepare Spicy Curry Laksa [Vegan]
- Heat the coriander, paprika, cumin, and turmeric in a pan for a few minutes.
- Let cool, place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until well combined. Store in an air-tight jar in the fridge.
- Chop up onion, add coconut oil to a large pot and fry the onion until soft. Then, add in laksa paste and stir to combine.
- Add in water, coconut milk, and vegetable stock cube. Bring to a light simmer.
- Add in vegetables and let cook for about 10-15 minutes (depending on how soft you like them).
- In a separate saucepan, bring water to boil and add in the noodles. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until soft, and drain the water out.
- When you are ready to serve, scoop out the laksa into a bowl, add the noodles, garnish, and enjoy!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 2942 | Total Carbs: 335 g | Total Fat: 188 g | Total Protein: 65 g | Total Sodium: 1584 g | Total Sugar: 68 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.