This recipe is simple, filling, and full of healthy nutrients and vitamins. The cauliflower is processed into fine grains and then seasoned with a delicious blend of herbs and spices and then finished with fresh radishes and cashews that provide a wonderful texture to the dish.
Curried Cauliflower Rice [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup sliced radish
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews
- 3-4 tablespoons chopped cilantro, to garnish
- Rinse your cauliflower.
- Slice it in half down the middle, then slice each half again along the stem. Hold the quarter of a cauliflower upright and slice off the stem; this should separate the florets. Chop them roughly into 1 or 2-inch pieces.
- Place half or 1/3 of the cauliflower into a food processor with the blade attachment. Pulse in one-second intervals until the cauliflower pieces are about the size of grains of rice, more or less.
- Repeat this process with remaining cauliflower.
- In a large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. When it is hot, add all the cauliflower, and stir occasionally for 5-8 minutes, or until tender.
- While it cooks, season with cumin, turmeric, ginger, curry, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, salt, and pepper or as desired.
- Remove from heat and add the sliced radish, golden raisins, roasted cashews, and chopped cilantro.