Broccoli cheese tops are vegetables disguised as something you would order at a fast food place! This is great to serve as appetizers, and awesome for kids, too!
Crispy and Comforting Broccoli Cheese Tops [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 tablespoon of chia seed
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 0.5 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon flour salt
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 3 and a half-ounces of violife vegan cheese
- Coconut oil for frying
- Start letting chia seeds draw water for 10 minutes.
- Divide the broccoli into smaller bouquets, cut the stick into slices and chop it nicely (possibly in a food processor).
- Heat a pan to medium heat, add coconut oil and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and add another 1 min.
- Add spices and broccoli and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Bring the fried mixture into a bowl and add the chia mixture, cheese and corn flour. Turn it well together.
- Turn on the oven at 400°F and put baking paper on a baking sheet.
- Form the broccoli mix to 12 balls and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake broccoli cheese bites for 20-25 minutes until golden and crispy.