This soon-to-be summer classic uses roast cauliflower coated in a crispy, slightly spicy coconut coating as it's centerpiece. Then you combine this decadent cauliflower with minty peas, and stuffs the whole thing into a pita bread and finished it all with a fresh tahini dressing and crunchy seeds. The dish manages to be both comforting and fresh and light at the same time.
Crispy Coconut Cauliflower With Minty Peas and Pita Bread [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Crispy Coconut Cauliflower With Minty Peas and Pita Bread [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Cauliflower:
- 1 cauliflower broken into smallish florets
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 lime zested
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
For the Peas:
- 3 and a 1/2 cups peas
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Handful fresh mint leaves
- Handful coriander
- Tahini dressing (garnish)
- Toasted sunflower seeds (garnish)
- Flatbread or pitas (gluten-free if needed)
How to Prepare Crispy Coconut Cauliflower With Minty Peas and Pita Bread [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Add the oats to a food processor or high-speed blender and blend them for a few seconds so that you get a semi-fine crumb.
- Transfer this to a large bowl then add in all the ingredient up to, but not including, the almond milk. Mix them to combine.
- Add the almond milk and the rest of the cauliflower ingredients to a separate bowl and mix them together.
- Dip the cauliflower into the wet ingredients and then the dry mixture in batches then pop onto a large baking tray.
- Bake them at 375°F for 40 minutes until they're golden and crispy.
- Add all the ingredients for the pea mash to your food processor and blend them together until you get a slightly chunky mash.
- Serve the crispy cauliflower loaded into flatbreads or pitas with the minty peas, lots of tahini dressing, mint, coriander, and toasted seeds.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.