This soon-to-be summer classic uses roast cauliflower coated in a crispy, slightly spicy coconut coating as it's centerpiece. Then you combine this decadent cauliflower with minty peas, and stuffs the whole thing into a pita bread and finished it all with a fresh tahini dressing and crunchy seeds. The dish manages to be both comforting and fresh and light at the same time.
Crispy Coconut Cauliflower With Minty Peas and Pita Bread [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Cauliflower:
- 1 cauliflower broken into smallish florets
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 lime zested
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
For the Peas:
- 3 and a 1/2 cups peas
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Handful fresh mint leaves
- Handful coriander
- Tahini dressing (garnish)
- Toasted sunflower seeds (garnish)
- Flatbread or pitas (gluten-free if needed)
- Add the oats to a food processor or high-speed blender and blend them for a few seconds so that you get a semi-fine crumb.
- Transfer this to a large bowl then add in all the ingredient up to, but not including, the almond milk. Mix them to combine.
- Add the almond milk and the rest of the cauliflower ingredients to a separate bowl and mix them together.
- Dip the cauliflower into the wet ingredients and then the dry mixture in batches then pop onto a large baking tray.
- Bake them at 375°F for 40 minutes until they're golden and crispy.
- Add all the ingredients for the pea mash to your food processor and blend them together until you get a slightly chunky mash.
- Serve the crispy cauliflower loaded into flatbreads or pitas with the minty peas, lots of tahini dressing, mint, coriander, and toasted seeds.