The chilly weather season simply isn't complete without a delicious and warming bowl of butternut squash soup to comfort and nourish the body. This recipe is simple to make and packed full with beneficial ingredients like turmeric, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Top this vibrant puree with toasted seeds, crushed walnuts, or garlicky croutons, for some added flavor and texture.
Creamy Turmeric Butternut Squash Soup [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Creamy Turmeric Butternut Squash Soup [Vegan]
- 1 large butternut squash
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 small turmeric knob
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 small white or yellow onion
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
How to Prepare Creamy Turmeric Butternut Squash Soup [Vegan]
- Peel the squash and cut into large chunks.
- In a medium size pot, add the squash, water, and remaining ingredients. Cook for about 20 minutes or until the squash is fork tender.
- Using a serving size spoon or scoop, collect all the squash chunks as well as the other ingredients and add to a blender cup. Don't collect any of the liquid, only what comes in the scoop along with the ingredients.
- Blend on high speed for about 45 seconds. Depending on your machine you may need to blend for a little longer, until smooth.
- Serve hot with your choice of topping. Refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Total Calories: 375 | Total Carbs: 65 g | Total Fat: 14 g | Total Protein: 7 g | Total Sodium: 72 g | Total Sugar: 13 g (Per Serving) Calories: 94 | Carbs: 16 g | Fat: 4 g | Protein: 2 g | Sodium: 18 g | Sugar: 3 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.