This vegan tortellini soup recipe is so easy-to-make, and only takes one-pot and 45-minutes of your time. PLUS, it’s delicious!
Creamy Tortellini Soup [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 vegan sausages
- 4 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 cups vegetable stock or 1 1/2 tbps. vegetable stock paste + 5 cups of boiling water
- 1 400 ml can of tomatoes, crushed or blended
- 3 cups vegan tortellini of choice
- 6 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- handful fresh basil, thyme and oregano
- In a large pot heat olive on low-medium heat. To the pot, add the vegan sausages and cook until browned. Use a wooden spoon to crumble the sausages. Cook for 5 minutes or until brown. There should be no excess fat but if there is just drain it.
- To the pot, add the onion, garlic, herbs + spices and salt + pepper. Stir often to avoid burning.
- To the pot, add the flour, and whisk or stir till every ingredient is well coated.
- To the pot, gradually whisk in the vegetable stock and tomatoes. Bring the mixture to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- To the pot, add the tortellini and cook as instructed on the packet. Should be around 4-5 minutes.
- Add the spinach, coconut cream, nutritional yeast and fresh herbs of choice.
- Serve hot with garlic bread! Enjoy immediately.