You are 10 ingredients away from one of the creamiest and most decadent spaghetti dishes you've ever tried. Whole wheat spaghetti is tossed in a smooth, vegan Parmesan sauce and topped with dried Porcini mushrooms, thyme, sage, and sea salt. This one-bowl wonder is packed with fresh, herb-y flavor!
Creamy Spaghetti With Wild Mushrooms [Vegan]
For the Pasta:
- 11 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil plus more for serving
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and lightly crushed
- 5 sage leaves
- 5 sprigs of thyme, divided
- Wild mushrooms, sliced
- Dried Porcini mushrooms, soaked in water for 15 minutes
For the Parmesan Cream:
- First, soak the Porcini mushrooms in water. When soft, take the Porcini mushrooms out of the water and slice, set aside.
- Put the spaghetti into a large pan of boiling, well-salted water and stir through. Cook spaghetti according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add in the crushed garlic, sage leaves, and 4 thyme sprigs, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add all the mushrooms to the saucepan and fry them for 5-7 minutes until cooked through. Remove the pan from heat and discard the sage leaves and thyme sprigs.
- Next, make the dairy-free parmesan cream. Combine the dairy-free parmesan, dairy-free cream, and water in a small saucepan and keep over a very low heat, stirring constantly.
- As soon as the cream is ready, drain the pasta and tip it into the mushroom mixture, allowing a little of the pasta water to drip into the sauce. toss the pasta to combine, then serve immediately with heaping spoonful of dairy-free parmesan cream, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, a sprinkle of dairy-free grated parmesan, and the leaves from the remaining thyme sprig.
Inspired by Venice: Recipes Lost and Found.