This creamy ramen broth is a bit different from your run of the mill ramen broth, but exceptionally delicious none the less. It's comprised of miso paste, dashi, and soy milk and then elegantly seasoned with white pepper and vegetable. Once you have the broth, you can get creative with what you want to add to it.
Creamy Soy Milk Ramen [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Broth:
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1-inch piece ginger, minced
- 1/8 white onion, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 cup kombu dashi
- 2 cups unsweetened soy milk
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons white miso paste (dissolved in 2 tablespoons of water)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- White pepper
For the Toppings:
- Ramen noodles or spaghetti (gluten-free if needed)
- Shiitake mushrooms
- Choi sum (Chinese broccoli)
- Bean sprouts
- Crush the sesame seeds.
- Heat up a small saucepan, and over medium-low heat and add your minced garlic, ginger, and onion.
- Once fragrant, add your miso paste mixture and mix well.
- Add your soy sauce and crushed sesame seeds.
- Pour in the soy milk slowly and stir till the miso paste has dissolved.
- Pour in the dashi stock.
- Season it with salt, pepper.
- Once the broth is hot you can serve it with whatever toppings you would like.