Fresh rosemary makes these a little different than your typical mashed potatoes. It is just enough flavor to tingle the tastebuds in the best way possible. Creamy Rosemary Mashed Potatoes make an excellent side dish to any holiday meal, or if you're a potato lover, have it as your main meal!
Creamy Rosemary Mashed Potatoes [Vegan]
- 3 large russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 cup non-dairy milk, unsweetened
- 4 oz of vegan cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Pepper to taste
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1-inch chunks. Place in a large pot and cover with water. Cover pot with the lid and place on the stove over high heat. Bring to a boil, remove cover and simmer until potatoes are fork tender (approx. 20-25 minutes).
- While potatoes are boiling, place a pan on the stove over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of butter to the pan and stir until melted. Add minced garlic and rosemary to the pan and sauté until garlic is tender (approx. 3-5 minutes). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Drain the potatoes and place them back in the pot on the stove with no heat. Add remaining butter, milk and cream cheese to the pot and mash potatoes with a potato masher. Do this until potatoes are completely smooth.
- Stir in garlic/rosemary mixture, garlic powder, pepper and seasoning salt. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Potato Recipes