This soup is the perfect transition to Spring. It provides warmth against the chilly evening temperatures while offering the freshness of early Spring vegetables. This soup is simple and takes only 30 minutes to prepare, while still packing lots of flavor and nourishment from the miso and root veggies.
Creamy Root Vegetable Miso Soup [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cups carrots, chopped
- 2 cups turnips, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons coconut cream
- 3 tablespoons miso
- 1/2-1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon wasabi powder
- Juice from 1 lime
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Add carrots, turnips, and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until the vegetables are fork tender, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat and let soup cool for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to your blender and add in coconut cream, miso, agave nectar, and wasabi powder. Blend soup until it becomes thick and creamy.
- Return soup to pot and add in lime juice. Serve hot.