This sauce is full of flavor, creaminess, and good-for-you ingredients! Roasted red pepper, mushrooms, and cashews and blended until smooth and creamy with cheesy nutritional yeast and ground coriander. This is the perfect sauce to throw together on weeknights where you're pressed for time.
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper and Mushroom Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 1 cup roasted mushrooms or cooked lentils
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1-2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon coriander flakes
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- A dash of salt and pepper
- In a large cast iron skillet, roast your red pepper and mushrooms (or use cooked lentils). Cook down until golden brown and all the moisture is released.
- Add all your ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Just before serving, heat sauce in a pan and serve with pasta of choice.