This raw soup is warming, filling, super nutritious, and easy and quick to make. You can basically throw whatever you want into the blender and it ends up being a delicious bowl of warm goodness. Think of raw soups as savory smoothies. Or not. I don't want to force you against your will or anything...our relationship doesn't have to go there. Let's keep it friendly, OK? Let's make some soup, yeah?
Creamy and Raw Butternut Squash Soup With Marinated Mushrooms
For the Marinated Mushrooms:
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon each of tamari and extra virgin olive oil
For the Soup:
- 4 cups butternut squash (peeled and chopped)
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 cups hot water or non-dairy milk
- 1-2 peeled garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon each of cinnamon and cumin
- Himalayan crystal salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- To marinate the mushrooms, coat the mushrooms in the tamari and oil and let them sit in the oven or dehydrator at a low temperature until they’ve softened and darkened (about 30 minutes).
- To make the soup, blend everything up until thick, smooth and creamy. Top off with shrooms (I also added some more cumin and chili-infused extra virgin olive oil).