This raw soup is warming, filling, super nutritious, and easy and quick to make. You can basically throw whatever you want into the blender and it ends up being a delicious bowl of warm goodness. Think of raw soups as savory smoothies. Or not. I don't want to force you against your will or anything...our relationship doesn't have to go there. Let's keep it friendly, OK? Let's make some soup, yeah?
Creamy and Raw Butternut Squash Soup With Marinated Mushrooms
Ingredients You Need for Creamy and Raw Butternut Squash Soup With Marinated Mushrooms
For the Marinated Mushrooms:
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon each of tamari and extra virgin olive oil
For the Soup:
- 4 cups butternut squash (peeled and chopped)
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 cups hot water or non-dairy milk
- 1-2 peeled garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon each of cinnamon and cumin
- Himalayan crystal salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
How to Prepare Creamy and Raw Butternut Squash Soup With Marinated Mushrooms
- To marinate the mushrooms, coat the mushrooms in the tamari and oil and let them sit in the oven or dehydrator at a low temperature until they’ve softened and darkened (about 30 minutes).
- To make the soup, blend everything up until thick, smooth and creamy. Top off with shrooms (I also added some more cumin and chili-infused extra virgin olive oil).
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 901 | Total Carbs: 86 g | Total Fat: 62 g | Total Protein: 13 g | Total Sodium: 998 g | Total Sugar: 22 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.