This soup is filling and warm, great for those cold, harsh winter nights. It's also very comforting and can help heal the body when you are feeling sick or weak.
Creamy Potato and Cauliflower Soup [Vegan]
6 - 8
- Splash of Liquid Aminos
- Splash water or vegetable broth
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large baking potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 large head cauliflower, chopped
- Ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup vegan Parmesan-style cheese
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Green onions, chopped, for garnish
- coconut bacon, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450F. Coat cauliflower with the 1 tsp. olive oil and place in a shallow baking pan. Bake for about 30 minutes, turning once, until browned and tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large pot, saute the onions, thyme, smoked paprika, and garlic in the Liquid Aminos and water/broth for about 5 minutes. Add the potatoes, vegetable broth, water, bay leaf and pepper. Cover the pot, reduce the heat and simmer for about 30 minutes or until potatoes are very tender. Remove the bay leaf and discard.
- While the potatoes cook, put the roasted cauliflower in a blender with the non-dairy milk, vegan Parm, nutritional yeast, and process until very smooth. Pour this mixture into a large bowl. Once the potatoes are very tender, carefully blend in batches and pour into the bowl with the cauliflower mixture. Pour it all back into the pot and gently warm, adjusting the seasonings to taste.
- Divide soup into bowls and top with green onions and coconut bacon.