This simple soup is packed with so much flavor, you won't believe how easy it is to make. It's packed with hearty root vegetables, creamy coconut milk, and a delicious blend of spices that make this soup perfect for a cold day.
Creamy Curry Sweet Potato Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2.3 pounds sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 15-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 onion
- 1 bulb garlic or less
- 3 tablespoons curry masala powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- Start by sautéing your onion and garlic.
- Add the remaining ingredients and top with enough water to cover everything. Now add a can of coconut milk plus two cups extra.
- Bring the pot to a boil and let it simmer on low until the potatoes get soft. Blend this with a hand mixer (immersion blender) or in a regular blender in batches.