These popsicles are the best way to cool off on a warm day. The creamy coconut base is flavored with a spicy chai-infused almond milk to give it a little extra zest and then drizzled with chocolate and sprinkled with shaved almonds. You won't be able to stop eating the frozen delicacies – which is okay because they are so easy to make.
Creamy Chai Coconut Popsicles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 4 cups almond milk
- 3 chai tea bags
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 cups coconut cream (about 1 can)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegan dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almonds, crushed
- Heat the almond milk in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Steep the chai tea bags in the almond milk for 10-15 minutes for a strong flavor.
- Mix in cinnamon, cardamom, coconut sugar, coconut cream, and vanilla until everything is dissolved and the liquid is smooth and creamy. Set aside and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the popsicle moulds and sticks by sitting the sticks in a warm water bath. This helps prevent the sticks from popping up when inserted into the mould. Once the chai coconut liquid is cool, pour into moulds until level with the top.
- Place the lid on and insert popsicle sticks. Freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- To remove popsicles from moulds once frozen, run the bottom of the mould under warm water for 30 seconds. Allow it to sit and loosen for about 2-3 minutes. While the moulds are thawing, melt the chocolate.
- When ready to remove the popsicles, gently pull upward to get a clean, neat popsicle. Lay them on parchment paper and liberally drizzle melted chocolate to cover the popsicles. Sprinkle with crushed almonds.