This creamy vegan cream of mushroom soup is an easy recipe that is seriously the best. This soup delivers everything you want from a comforting bowl of hot soup this winter, plus, it’s nutritious and filling.
Cream of Mushroom Soup [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 6 large portabello mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 – 398ml can light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Finely dice the yellow onion and portabello mushrooms.
- Add olive oil into a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat.
- Transfer the onion to the pot and cook for 2 – 3 minutes until soft + fragrant. Add the diced portabello mushrooms and cook until soft, where most of the water is evaporated. (this will take 8 – 10 minutes)
- Finely chop the fresh rosemary, thyme, and sage. Reduce the heat to medium, and add the fresh herbs and other spices to the mushrooms. Allow this to cook until the mushrooms are golden brown. Add the vegetable stock to the mushrooms, and allow to cook for 5-10 minutes to bring out the flavors.
- Combine a small amount of coconut milk with the all-purpose flour in a small bowl, whisk until thoroughly combined, with no lumps. Add the flour/coconut milk mixture to the stock + mushrooms along with the rest of the coconut milk. Stir as the mixture begins to thicken. Once bubbling and no longer thickening, remove from heat or keep on low heat until ready to serve.
- Serve with drizzled olive oil, red chili flakes, and fresh herbs if you desire! Enjoy!!