This festive treat is perfect for holiday gatherings — but don't let that limit you! They're also perfect all year round.
Cranberry Almond Popcorn Bars [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup popcorn kernels (you need 4 cups popped popcorn)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped and toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 chocolate chips
- Pop the popcorn kernels.
- Cover an 8x8-inch baking pan with plastic wrap.
- In a small saucepan, combine the agave nectar or maple syrup, sugar, salt, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar and bring to a boil. Stir until all the sugar is dissolved, and then remove from the heat.
- In a big bowl, combine the popcorn, oats, almonds, cranberries and chocolate chips. Pour the agave nectar or maple syrup mixture over the top and, with a rubber spatula, stir until all the popcorn is perfectly covered with the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and press lightly to form an even surface. Cover and allow to set for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- With a sharp knife, cut into 16 squares.