Sometimes weekday breakfasts can be a struggle. If you wake up late, you might be running the risk of skipping it altogether. With this quick and easy breakfast, those days are a thing of the past. This porridge is completely grain-free, but make no mistake — it'll keep you full until lunchtime. The flax seed meal, chia seeds, and almond meal do a great job working together to thicken this up. The shredded coconut gives it some more texture and the hemp seeds expand for an even creamier porridge. Top it with fruit and your favorite sweetener.
Coconut Almond Porridge [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons almond meal
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoons golden flax meal
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
To Make the Porridge Overnight:
- Combine all ingredients in a large mason jar or bowl, mix it up well, and divide evenly into two containers with lids.
- Refrigerate overnight and mix up in the morning, add milk or more water to loosen up. Optionally, microwave for 30 seconds if you'd like to eat it warm or just service cold and add desired toppings.
To Make the Porridge the Same Day:
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and heat over low-medium heat while stirring. After a few minutes, the porridge will thicken.
- Pour the porridge out after you like the texture and serve with desired toppings.