These waffles are quick, easy, and can be topped with anything from fruit to chocolate sauce! These waffles are utterly delicious. You're going to love them!
Classic Wheat-Free Waffles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
2 tablespoons of ground flax seed
4 tablespoons of water
1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
1 3/4 cups of dairy-free milk
7 3/4-ounces of gluten-free plain flour
3-ounces of golden caster sugar (or coconut sugar)
1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of sod
1 teaspoon of baking powder
- In a small bowl, combine the ground flax seed with water, stir and set aside to thicken. This creates a flax 'egg'.
- In another small bowl, combine the apple cider vinegar and dairy-free milk and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder.
- Pour the flax egg into the milk & vinegar mixture and stir well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until a smooth batter.
- Carefully heat up your waffle iron and grease with oil, an oil spray or vegan butter.
- Pour around 3 tablespoons worth of batter into your waffle iron and cook until golden brown. Repeat for all of the batter until you have a stack of yummy waffles. Keep warm under a tea towel while you make the other waffles.
Topping suggestions: 1. Banana & coconut (coconut cream, with chopped banana and desiccated coconut) 2. Berries & cream (fresh berries, drizzle of maple syrup and a scoop of dairy-free vanilla ice cream) 4. 'Nutella' (Vegan chocolate sauce, with dairy-free chocolate ice cream, whole hazelnuts, and melted chocolate).