Sweet potatoes can be dressed up with all sorts of delicious things, from sweet maple tahini to fluffy marshmallows to cauliflower cheese. This recipe for cinnamon sweet potatoes lets the natural flavor of sweet potato shine, elevating it with a few select seasonings: cinnamon, turmeric, thyme, salt, and pepper. Just a quick toss, some time in the oven, and voila! A delectable side dish you will use time and time again.
Cinnamon Turmeric Sweet Potatoes [Vegan]
- 3 medium-large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons turmeric
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut them into bite-size pieces.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add extra virgin olive oil to lightly cover. Add spices, herbs, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Place the potatoes on a sprayed baking sheet.
- Cook for 45-60 minutes.