You can now enjoy one of your favorite street foods from the comfort of your own kitchen! These churros can be enjoyed with a divinely rich dark chocolate ganache that makes the treat all that much more indulgent. These cinnamon churros would be great served at a party, summer BBQ, events ... anything, really. So what are you waiting for?
Cinnamon Churros With Chocolate Ganache [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Churros:
- 3 3/4 cups of light olive oil for frying
- 1 cup of gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 2/3 cups of water
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
For the Cinnamon Sugar:
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
For the Chocolate Ganache:
- 1 14.5-ounce can of coconut cream
- 1 1/2 bars of vegan dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour the frying oil into a large saucepan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the flour and baking powder. Mix until combined and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, sugar, water, salt, and vanilla extract into a small saucepan. Then place onto the stove on medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Once it's boiled, pour straight over the flour mixture and mix well until a dough forms.
- Place the dough into a piping bag fitted with a star tip nozzle and pipe little lines of dough onto the lined baking sheet.
- Heat up the oil in the large pan then, when boiling, carefully drop around four churros into the oil and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes on each side.
Once they are golden, place on paper towel to drain off any excess oil. Do this with all of the churros.
- Place the sugar for the cinnamon sugar coating and the cinnamon into a bowl and mix together.
- Once all of the churros are fully cooked, roll them in the cinnamon sugar and place aside whilst you make the chocolate ganache.
- Break up the chocolate bars and place into a bowl, then pop the coconut cream into a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until boiling.
- Carefully pour the hot coconut cream over the chocolate, adding in the vanilla extract, and leave it for a minute then stir until smooth and glossy.
The ganache can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days.