These cinnamon bun cookies are out of this world! Filled with cinnamon sugar and raisins and then iced with the signature bun icing that will have people thinking they are eating cinnamon buns for real! But these are actually cookies!
Cinnamon Bun Cookies [Vegan]
- 2 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 cup Vegan Butter
- 1 package Vegan Cream Cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Vegan Lactic Acid *optional
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Vegan Egg
- 1/4 cup Cold Water
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons Veqan Butter
- 8 tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- Gently cream the vegan butter and cream cheese together to smooth
- Add the granulated sugar and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy approximately 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine the vegan egg with the cold water and whisk smooth then add the vanilla extract to that
- Add the vegan egg mixture to the creamed butter mixture and mix well, scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl for an even mix
- Sift the flour with the baking powder then add it all at once to the mixer and mix on low speed to combine.
- Wrap the dough into 2 separate equal discs and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Meanwhile combine the brown sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl
- Once the dough has relaxed and is chilled, knead it (one disc at a time) on a lightly floured surface to form a rectangle that is 6" by 18"
- Brush with the half of the melted vegan butter and then spread half of the cinnamon sugar mixture and the raisins evenly and roll up jelly roll style
- Cut the log into 20 equal pieces and place them on a sheet pan spaced lined with parchment paper almost touching each other
- Repeat the process with the other half of dough and bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 25 minutes until golden browned
- Cool then ice with confectioners sugar glaze which is just 1 cup confectioners sugar with about 1 Tbs plant milk added, whisk smooth to pour able consistency