Want to get all the flavors of a holiday feast without spending the entire day in the kitchen? This holiday stir-fry is a light, but filling rice recipe paired with roasted vegetables and holiday flavors from cranberries and nuts. Brussels sprouts, mushrooms, and onion create a combination that fills you up with nutritious veggies while keeping the holiday vibes alive.
Holiday Stir-Fry [Vegan]
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup rice uncooked
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the rice according to the brand's instructions.
- Wash the Brussels sprouts and mushrooms. Peel the onion. Dice mushrooms and onion.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a frying pan and add the brussels sprouts. Roast them for about 5 minutes before you add the mushroom and onion. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Fry all the vegetables for another 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of the sprouts.
- Serve with the cooked rice, cranberries, and crushed walnuts.